Clipped From Press and Sun-Bulletin
Ellen Hortense Clime Bride of B. W. Kirwan VARI-COLORED gladioli banked the altar of St. Thomas Aquinas Church Saturday morning for the wedding of Miss Ellen Hortense Clune to Bernard William Kirwan of Towanda, Pa. The Rev. Thomas J. Hannon, pastor, performed the ceremony at 10:30 o'clock. Jean H. Carle Becomes Bride ST. JACQUES CATHEDRAL, Compiegne, France, built in 1235, was the scene June 6 of the wedding of Cpl. Jean Helen Carle. WAC, to Lt. Wesley Edward Bogart, U. S. Army. White lilies and garden flowers decorated the church for the wedding solemnized at 9 o'clock by Capt. Frederick Duggan, army chaplain, of Brooklyn. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Francis P. Carle of 8 Fuller Road. Lieutenant Bogart is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Bogart of Rochester. Sgt. Helen Hartman of Los Angeles, Cal., sang "Ave Maria" and "Because." The bride was given in marriage by Capt. Leroy Await of San Antonio, Tex. The wedding gown worn by the former Miss Carle was sent to her from the United Stales by her mother. It was a race gown fashioned with a sweetheart neckline, long torso waist and a bouffant skirt ending in a court train. Her fingertip length veil was held in place by a medieval coif. She carried a white prayerbook covered with pink roses and babies' breath falling in a shower effect. As is the custom in France, the bride wore pink roses around the neckline of her dress. The attendants for the wedding were Cpl. Carol Beck, The bride, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. T. J. Cl'me of 144 West End Avenue, was given in marriage by her father. The bridegroom's sister, Mrs. Thomas Mulquinn of Endicott, was matron of honor. The bridesmaids were Miss Clara Harper and Mrs. Ralph Rapple-yea. John Lennox was best man and the ushers were Clayton Voeglin and Harold H. Saxton. The bride's white satin gown was edged with alencon lace and styled with a long train. Her illusion veil was attached to a crown fashioned with bouvardia. White roses and bouvardia tied with white satin streamers made her bouquet. Mrs. Mulquinn wore pink lace and net with a half hat and shoulder length veil. ,. She had pink lace mitts and carried pink, roses tied with pink satin streamers. The bridesmaids were dressed in orchid net with sweetheart hats. They carried yellow roses tied with orchid ribbons. A wedding breakfast for 50 was served in the Burlingham Tearoom. Three hundred guests attended a reception held later in the home of the bride's parents. Mr. Kirwan served as corporal with the 25th Division from 1940 to 1945 when he was discharged. The couple left for a wedding trip to New York City. After Sept. 15 they will be at home in 531 Riverside Drive.